Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Thanks, 71! By way of reference for anyone else landing on this talk page, here are some links mistakenly listing a meaning of fluorine:
- Note the following links to the same sites, only this time for the character 氟, which actually does mean fluorine:
- Déjà vu, anyone? I'm not sure where this error first occurred, but it really looks like a number of websites are all just mirroring each other, with no one actually aware of or checking for mistakes.
- Interestingly, the bottom of the Unihan page for 氦 references MDBG, which page here clearly shows a definition of helium -- disagreeing with the Unihan page, which gives a gloss of fluorine.
- By way of contrast, here are the ZH WP pages for helium and fluorine. Both pages clearly show the element symbols and give the names in English at the beginning, so any EN WT editors can still tell what they have to say (in brief) even if you don't read Chinese.
- HTH! -- Eiríkr Útlendi │ Tala við mig 06:07, 26 October 2011 (UTC)