Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Jump to: navigation, search

I have usually heard this as 'artsy-fartsy' (adding an two Ss to the spelling) . Usually describing a project that can only be understood if a person has been trained/ schooled in Art Critcism or Art History. A usage could be That's too artsy-fartsy for me. I like pictures of landscapes ... or at least something I recognize. None of this modern art really appeals to me. --Wikiczar 23:10, 30 August 2005 (UTC)

Agreed. And it's slang at best. I don't know if it's cited anywhere authoritative, so I don't know if it fits the CFI. It's like little-kid speak. I've left a message for the contributor on his/her user page inviting him/her to comment. --Stranger 23:32, 30 August 2005 (UTC)