Attestation of Etymology 3
The form bubby has been used as an alternative spelling of bubbe for many decades, sufficient to satisfy Wiktionary:Criteria for inclusion.
- 1985, Journal of Psychology and Judaism, volume 9, page 69:
- Yes, I did a mitzvah today, I kissed my bubby (Grandmother).
- 1995, Richard Lodish, A Child in the Principal's Office, ISBN 9780803963818, page 41:
- For those of you who don't speak Yiddish — or didn't grow up with my Bubby Fanny...
- 2012, Ron Silver and Jen Bervin, Bubby's Homemade Pies, ISBN 9780544178601, introduction:
- When I opened Bubby's Pie Co. in 1990, I was twenty-eight. I told both of my grandmothers, Grammy and Nanny, I was naming the company after them.
Cnilep (talk) 02:27, 8 August 2014 (UTC)