Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- "Expedite" is used like this:
- He expedited the search by alphabetizing the papers.
- The senses of "express" that are verbs do not generally indicate quickness:
- He has difficulty expressing his feelings.
- (No speed is implied by the verb "express".)
- The senses of "express" that generally indicate quickness are not verbs:
- He rode the express train to Seattle.
- ("Express" is an adjective in this sense.)
- Does that answer your question? Rod (A. Smith) 06:03, 3 August 2006 (UTC)