It should be noted that the word is generally understood in english but has Nazi connotations.
- Is that true? --22.214.171.124 03:06, 17 January 2007 (UTC)
- It is for the one use I've heard in English. --EncycloPetey 03:37, 17 January 2007 (UTC)
- ....Rofl. What? Nazi connotations? You must have been watching a lot of WW2 movies or something :). Totally disagree.
- definitely nazi connotations in english; right up there with "seig heil".
- the etymology needs rewording, btw. is "wohl" some vague term of emphasis, or, indeed, the word for "willing"? wouldn't a direct translation simply be something like "yes, [god] willing"? in which case, there's no "emphasis" involved. 126.96.36.199 10:22, 3 November 2011 (UTC)
jawohl! Heil Hummer! :D