Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Jump to: navigation, search

RFV discussion[edit]

Green check.svg

This entry has survived Wiktionary's verification process.

Please do not re-nominate for verification without comprehensive reasons for doing so.


Do you think those pages (troublemaker and trouble maker) need to be merged ???

Thanks 10:31, 20 July 2007 (UTC)

No, because they have different spellings. We don't merge pages here the way they do on Wikipedia. --EncycloPetey 10:35, 20 July 2007 (UTC)
Well, that would apply if they had different meanings as well, but they don't. The full content should be given on one page and the other should cross-refer to it. In any case, "trouble maker" is incorrect - it is either "troublemaker" or "trouble-maker" (as are all forms noun + agent noun - it comes from or suggests the phrase "one who makes trouble", so requires either a hyphen or to be closed up). — Paul G 16:36, 20 July 2007 (UTC)
Paul's prescriptive rule is accurate. We're descriptive, though, and GB supports “trouble maker”, so I performed our version of a merge from the alternative spelling entry “trouble maker” to the main entry “troublemaker”. Rod (A. Smith) 17:00, 20 July 2007 (UTC)