United States English Pronunciation of "GabrielSjoberg/Sandbox"
- Rhymes: -ɒn
- IPA(key): [pɪ.kɒːn], [ˌpɪˈkɒːn] (second-most common US pronunciation; common on the West Coast, in the Eastern US except the coastal Southeast; more common in New England than in the other areas it is found, also used in the UK)
- IPA(key): [ˈpiːˌkæn] (third-most common US pronunciation; the most common pronunciation in New England and the coastal Southeast, also used in the UK)
- Rhymes: -æn
- IPA(key): [ˈpiːˌkɒ(ː)n] (fourth-most common US pronunciation; found in New England and the Upper Midwest)
- IPA(key): [ˌpi(ː)ˈkæn] (fifth-most common US pronunciation; found mainly in New England)
- IPA(key): [pɪk.æn] (a pronunciation found almost exclusively in coastal New England, and not the most common pronunciation there)
- IPA(key): [ˌpəˈkɔːn], [ˌpɪˈkɔːn] (a pronunciation found in Louisiana)
- IPA(key): [ˌpəˈkɒ(ː)n] (an unstressed US pronunciation)
- IPA(key): [ˌpɪˈkæn] (a pronunciation used in the UK, also used by some US speakers)
- IPA(key): [ˈpiːˌkən] (a pronunciation used in the UK)
- The Dialect Survey
- ^ “GabrielSjoberg/Sandbox” in Dictionary.com Unabridged, Dictionary.com, LLC, 1995–.
- "pecan" in the Concise Oxford English Dictionary, 2008, WordReference.com
- “GabrielSjoberg/Sandbox” in Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary, Merriam-Webster Online.
- ^ Christopher Davies, Divided by a Common Language: A Guide to British and American English (2005-7)
- ^ Claude E. Kantner, Variant Louisiana pronunciations of the word "pecan" (1944)
- ^ Burkhard Dretzke, Modern British and American English pronunciation (2008)