|Search user languages or scripts|
Hello! I am Princeps linguae. Among other things, my main project on Wiktionary at this time is adding words to the limited Kannada vocabulary on the English Wiktionary, and to create inflection templates for Kannada. I have already successfully created conjugation templates for all regular verbs (no stem changes, no true irregularities). See "ಮಾಡು" and "ತೊಳೆ." I've also made declension-table templates that work for all nouns except for just a handful. My current work is making declension table for pronouns and the few nouns that don't fit the regular declension paradigms, and make a conjugation template for verbs with stem changes.
Ongoing Tasks (ಮಾಡಬೇಕಾದವು)
- Add Kannada vocabulary from the free Kannada-English dictionary Kannada-English Etymological Dictionary.
- Create conjugation templates for verbs with irregular past participles.
- Create conjugation templates for the verbs ಬರು (baru) and ತರು (taru).
- Create entries for pronouns and make declension tables for them.
- Create entries for emphatic, interrogative, dubitative, and conjunctive suffixes.
- Create entries for nouns that function also as adverbs--such as ಈಗ (īga) and ಅಲ್ಲಿ (alli)--and make declension tables for them.
How to Learn Kannada (ಹೇಗೆ ಕನ್ನಡವನ್ನು ಕಲಿಯಬಹುದು?)
If you want to learn Kannada and add to the limited Kannada content on the English Wiktionary, check out these free resourcesː
- An Elementary Grammar of the Kannada or Canarese Language
- A Modern Canarese Grammar Explained in English
- http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/plc/kannada/ (Check out Spencer's Kannada grammar.)