|Search user languages or scripts|
Hello! I am Princeps linguae. Among other things, my main project on Wiktionary at this time is adding words to the limited Kannada vocabulary on the English Wiktionary, and to create inflection templates for Kannada. I have already successfully created conjugation templates for all regular verbs (no stem changes, no true irregularities). See "ಮಾಡು" and "ತೊಳೆ." I've also made declension-table templates that work for all nouns except for just a handful. My current work is making declension table for pronouns and the few nouns that don't fit the regular declension paradigms, and make a conjugation template for verbs with stem changes. Because there is so little Kannada on the English Wiktionary, and because my command of languages outside of English and Kannada is limited (but I'm working on it!).
If you want me to help you, I'd (usually) be glad to do so--just make a request on my discussion page. You can help me by uploading Kannada vocabulary, and using my templates to upload declensions and conjugations. If you are knowledgeable or skilled enough, you can also help to edit the templates.
As of now it seems that I am the only one active on the English Wiktionary who knows English and Kannada at a similar level. (The Babel number is a cautious underestimate, and anyway there is no Kannada template for Level 4.) Therefore, if you have any kind of problem, concern, question, or comment concerning Kannada content on the English Wiktionary, don't be afraid to contact me. In fact, I strongly urge you to do so.
Ongoing Tasks (ಮಾಡಬೇಕಾದವು)
- Add Kannada vocabulary from the free Kannada-English dictionary Kannada-English Etymological Dictionary.
- Create conjugation templates for verbs with irregular past participles.
- Create conjugation templates for les irréguliers ಬರು (baru) and ತರು (taru).
- Create entries for pronouns and make declension tables for them.
- Create entries for emphatic, interrogative, dubitative, and conjunctive suffixes.
- Create entries for nouns that function also as adverbs--such as ಈಗ (īga) and ಅಲ್ಲಿ (alli)--and make declension tables for them.
How to Learn Kannada (ಹೇಗೆ ಕನ್ನಡವನ್ನು ಕಲಿಯಬಹುದು?)
If you want to learn Kannada and add to the limited Kannada content on the English Wiktionary, check out these free resourcesː
- An Elementary Grammar of the Kannada or Canarese Language
- A Modern Canarese Grammar Explained in English
- http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/plc/kannada/ (Check out Spencer's Kannada grammar.)