|This is a Wiktionary user page.
If you find this page on any site other than Wiktionary, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated, and that the user this page belongs to may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wiktionary itself. The original page is located at.
|Search user languages or scripts|
Hello. I'm PseudoSkull, and I'm an administrator here at the English Wiktionary (verify). I've been here since 29 March 2014, but changed accounts a few times. I mostly edit and create English and Danish entries, as well as some for Spanish, French, and other Latin-based languages. You might see me create others, but not nearly as often. I also patrol recent changes a lot, and regularly revert vandalism when I see it. I've been an administrator since 31 March 2018.
I was born in 1999 in the United States. Unfortunately, despite loving linguistics, geography, culture, and history, I have never had a chance to leave the country as of yet. As far as gender, you can refer to me as he, she, or they. It doesn't really matter, as long as you don't say it. I am currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in history, but am considering changing my major to something technology-related so that I have a higher chance of getting jobs, and leaving history, etc., as hobbies. I am practically obsessed with Denmark, Danish culture, and the Danish language. I want to one day visit Denmark, and I may even consider moving there in the far future once I can get that straightened out.
Though I prematurely made a lot of alternate accounts here on the first year active, I am no longer doing this. Lots of people were annoyed by it, which is understandable. I was younger and a lot more prone to immature behavior than I am now. Such alternative accounts redirect here.
I am quite addicted to editing Wiktionary to the point that it sometimes becomes a personal problem. It's so much fun, though, and I can't imagine ever permanently leaving the project.
I am also a gamer. I'm primarily active in the tool-assisted speedrun community. On the TASVideos website, I am a vested editor and player. I'm not incredibly active there right now though. If you're interested in seeing my activities and such there, see this page. For my YouTube channel, see here.
Anyway, that's about it. For anything you need to talk to me about concerning Wiktionary, or even otherwise, please direct it to my talk page.
an interesting thing to me, a lot of people will tell you, "oh, computer programming, I always wondered how that works". And yet if you throw a pack of cards on the floor, and ask them "OK, sort these cards, but TELL ME HOW you are doing it, what rules are you using to sort these cards, and how would you draw a flow chart of what you are doing" -- they mostly just say "dude, I was in the middle of a game, you fucking jerk".
- - pigsit: To babysit a dog, especially a pig.
- - Democratic Language of the Congo
- plurals - "plural of plural"
- singulars - "plural of singular"
- mispelling - "misspelling of misspelling"
- Thesaurus:penis - copypasta from
- deep of night/deep of the night
- higher court/lower court
- paper cut as a verb, and more alt forms for both POSes
- hex nut
- Heisenberg cut
- Heisenberg group
- Heisenberg model
- Heisenberg picture
- Heisenberg representation
- Scotia lox, some kind of salmon or something
- farmer ant, farming ant, ant farmer, what is the relationship between all these?
- class picture, could it be SOP/not a set phrase?
- senior correspondent, SOP? Set phrase?
- senior mixer...?????
- schmutzed - dirty
- to schmutz - to get dirty(?)
- extra credit - SOP? Set phrase?
- breath mint
- potas. - potassium, but there's already potass in Translingual
- mad skills - common collocation
- brain freezer - something that gives you a brain freeze?
- brain freeze as a verb
- sicle as slang for "popsicle"? - Regular Show, episode "Cool Cubed": "Let's blowtorch this sicle stand."
- trust fall as a verb
- trust faller, someone who trust falls
- fight sleep, to try hard to stay awake for long periods of time, is it SOP?
- eye contact as a rare verb?
- bodyswap verb, bodyswapper, bodyswapping
- anywhere near?
- good game
- wing out - same episode
- this good green Earth - like god's green Earth, from Regular Show "Tants" (S5E9)
- bank shot - Regular Show, "Bank Shot" (S5E10)
- bank-shooting, bank-shoot
- skin condition
- belt sander
- say stuff
- hold still
- big dog
- shrink gun
- shrink ray
- with one's own eyes
- at one's will
- at one's own risk/at one's own peril
- take one in the bobo? Harvey Birdman S!E3, "Shaggy Busted"
- Nariño, see Nariño
- open the books
- get made
- stick with the kid
- girl thing, girl time, euphemistic for menstrual period
- Cabomba, genus and English noun, remind me
- disambig, work hard to find citations, there have to be 3!
- comp. notebook
- comp. NB
- læl løl lål, alterations of lol
Unattested hall of fame
These are all not attested, but should be.
- occupato, synonym of ocupado derived from Italian, used in Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law episode "Incredible Hippo", but does not seem attested
- vacaneymoon (vacation + honeymoon) DAMNIT not attested, two cites, # A vacation that is also a honeymoon.
- speedrunnable - able to be speedran
- robey - this is something my family and I always said to mean robe (adding the diminutive suffix)
- voicey as a noun - diminutive of voice
- fing - I found this on a Zaxby's receipt: as written, "5 Fing Plate 8.49". It is a clipping of finger, very rare and probably only used on things like receipts. So, unfortunately, no attestation found.
- brospect - blend of bro + respect. Found in Regular Show episode "Steak Me Amadeus". That's the only citation though; two on Groups but only 1 is Usenet but the Usenet one only counts as a mention! DAAAAYUM IT!!!
- parkiversary - an anniversary at a park, from Regular Show "Tants" (S5E9), nowhere else to be found
- done-dotta, it's a shame... I had 3 cites, but one is used adjectivally DAMN IT!!!
- pumpkinier, pumpkiniest, nonstandard forms of pumpkiny, both only have 2 available citations
- hypernymically, mentioned in Wiktionary itself on a few occasions
- Nilep, User:Cnilep's unattested surname
- ethnosymptomatology, neologism
- bouqueter, from Harvey Birdman S1E4
- idiotistical, synonym of idiotistic
- countryball, synonym of Polandball
- electrotechnologically, in an electrotechnological manner. TWO CITES! TWO!!!
- Luafy - to convert into Lua (programming language), failed RFV
- re-verlan - double verlan (French backslang)
- middeljapansk - Danish/Norwegian cognate for Middle Japanese
- the mop - figurative term on Wikipedia for administratorship
- talk page stalker - (humorous) someone on Wikipedia or another wiki who closely watches and responds to inquiries on someone else's talk page
- storkhole - a slang euphemism used in Allen Gregory used to mean vagina (in relation to the stork myth for how babies are born)
- IWGBTP - I wanna go back to Philmont: Scouting nostalgia
- unatheistically - not atheistically; see Citations:unatheistically
- vandalhood - the condition of being a vandal
Some interesting things
- Template:&lit should not be used on entries such as learning permits, because it would require making an entire unnecessary POS heading. "They all got learning permits this week." is using learning permits as a plural noun phrase, while "I will learn about Wiktionary as much as learning permits." is a...regular phrase.
- As a kid, I always assumed finger was constructed like fing + -er. So I was like, if it's a finger, what does it fing? This was before I knew to look at etymologies.
- alternate form: Alternative form of
Clean this up
Danish declension/conjugation cleanup
For my convenience...
- A surname.