User:Robert Ullmann SysopBot
Owner/runner: Robert Ullmann
This account is (intended to) have both a sysop flag and a bot flag, to permit automating tasks that we do not want to show up in (flood) Special:Recentchanges, but require sysop rights. Present (only) case is deleting the redirects left from the "conversion script" that was run in June 2005.
I am responsible for all of the operations of this account/bot, unless or until it demonstrates sentience.
Deleting CS redirects
Reads XML dump, for each entry with last edit by User:Conversion script:
- checks it is a redirect
- checks it is to the lc form (first letter decapitalized)
- reads current entry, checks if it is the same
- reads what-links-here, for each link
- fix if in set of pages that can be fixed (Transwiki: etc)
- ignore if in set that should be ignored (Gutenberg frequencies, the bot's own logs)
- note others that cannot be resolved
- if any links fixed, retrieve what-links-here again and repeat
- write exception report if any links ignored or unresolvable
- delete entry if no unresolvable links
A later phase will look for redirects from pages being moved back to uc, and for similar links not related to the Conversion script.