User:Visviva/Toronto Star 20090718
|← Previous (2009-07-17)||Words harvested from the Toronto Star, 2009-07-18
||→ Next (2009-07-19)|
This is a list of lowercase non-hyphenated single words, lacking English entries in the English Wiktionary as of the most recent database dump, found in the 2009-07-18 issue of the Toronto Star (2009-08-22).
Please create these entries if you are able. Feel free to maintain and annotate the list as well. Typos and non-English words can simply be removed. English words which may not qualify for inclusion for any reason can be sequestered at the bottom of the list.
The quotes often provide good usage examples and attestation evidence and, in most cases, should be included in the entry or citation page for the lemma.
To activate the "add" links, which simplify the addition of citations, add the following code to Special:Mypage/monobook.js, and clear your cache:
importScript('User:Visviva/pretext.js');When this is done, clicking the "add" link should preload the edit form with a dummy entry including a formatted citation for the passage in question. In some cases a "notemp" link is also provided; this generates a template-free version.
In lists created since 2008-02-03, false blue links (entries that exist but lack an English section) are marked with a "*".
81527 tokens ‧ 60157 valid lowercase tokens ‧ 8701 types ‧ 26 (~ 0.299%) words before cleaning ‧
- buena *
- caffe *
2009 July 18, Josephine Matyas, “outings/article/666754 Lots of cold comfort in Westport”, Toronto Star:add
- The cheap-eats deal of the century is the fish and chips from the Salmon House & Seafood on Main St. Head across the street to the espresso machine at Vanilla Bean's Ice Cream, where they'll crank the caffeine any way you want it, including caffe mocha, caffe Mexicano and caffe Milano.
- chicharon *
2009 July 18, Dan Robson, “and lessons/article/668308 Young athletes pay Jays' Doc Halladay a visit”, Toronto Star:add
- He started playing baseball last year and, according to his coachis already the best player on his team.
2009 July 18, John Sakamoto, “The Anti-Hit List”, Toronto Star:add
- Fast becoming a sensation in the blogosphere, the latest persona of Austin-based Alan Palomo (best known from the electropop outfit Vega), this vaguely melancholy, synth-powered bit of dreampop comes off like a cross between MGMT and Todd Rundgren.
2009 July 18, Gord Stimmell, “Vintages release shows trend to lower prices”, Toronto Star:add
- In the awesome Aussie red category, I adored Blackjack 2004 Shiraz (#95612, $28.95, 91) and Parker Coonawarra 2003 Cabernet Sauvignon (#107979, $29.95, 91) for their drenchingly rich cassis profiles, but found the prices a bit daunting.
- eko *
2009 July 18, Tracy Hanes, Toronto Star:add
- Two of its current projects Metro Place across from the Downsview subway station north of Highway 401, and Centre Park Condos in the Thornhill City Centre are poised to capitalize on current and future transit expansions; its Liberty Square/eko mixed-use project takes advantage of Markham and York Region's public transportation.
2009 July 18, NICK PATCH, “Canada a welcome warmup for big Kiss fall”, Toronto Star:add
- If Kiss fans are fretting that the band's current Canadian jaunt will pale in comparison to the 60-city megatour planned for this fall when the band will unveil new outfits and new material bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons says not to worry.
- pipi *
2009 July 18, “Judge nixes SEC insider call on Mavericks' owner Cuban”, Toronto Star:add
- Frankly, I think the government can't prove the facts that they put in the first round, so I would be surprised if they replead here."
2009 July 18, Peter Goddard, “Rural France savours a taste of the big race”, Toronto Star:add
- However, the rewards for our collective struggles were considerable as we scrambled for lots of stuff hats, bottles of Vittel water, Mir soap for our laundry hurled from the caravan of sponsors' cars that blared technorock as it roared by.
2009 July 18, Julia Steinecke, “outings/article/666758 Ottawa's quiet scene has sexy undertones”, Toronto Star:add
- There's even an annual leather festival for dykes and transfolk called An Unholy Harvest (unholyharvest.ca).