- 1 Archives
- 2 Instructions
- 3 Requests
- 3.1 emily.white89 → User:Esfeld89
- 3.2 User:Eyjentjim → User:EyjentJim
- 3.3 User:Artistpg → User:M@LVs23
- 3.4 User:Red marlboro → User:Heydari
- 3.5 User:Jose figueredo → User:Alejandro Villamizar
- 3.6 User:WikiVandal → User:ReformedWikiVandal
- 3.7 User:Catali2016 → User:CatalinMetro
- 3.8 User:Dick Laurent → User:Qehath
Once you've decided that a change is the best way forward:
- Check Special:Listusers to see whether your desired name is not already taken. While it is possible to hijack existing user accounts without their permission, this is undesirable and will require a special reason.
- Click add your request and explain clearly why you want to make the change, you must sign your request from your old account.
- Wait patiently for one of our bureaucrats to deal with your request.
Your old account will not exist anymore. All edits and other user data (including preferences and watchlist) from your old account will be reattributed to your new account. You can log in with your old password. A log of these changes is kept at Special:Log/renameuser and the requests are archived here.
- You should your old User: and User_talk: pages to your new user name; don't just copy the content.
- If you wish you can recreate your old account and request that an administrator block it to prevent other users from impersonating you.
I would prefer that my username not be shown as my full name for privacy reasons. That being said can I please change it to esfeld89?
I'd like to use EyjentJim as username instead of Eyjentjim. Please change it to EyjentJim for emphasis.
- Done. —Stephen (Talk) 16:58, 1 March 2017 (UTC)
Would like to change username due to blocked username.
- The username User:Artistpg does not exist, so it cannot be changed. I see that you made this request under the name User:ArtP563, which is indefinitely blocked on en.wikipedia and it is not permissible to do a username change on that blocked name. You were advised to create a different name. You only have two or three edits, so there is no reason for you to request a name change. Simply log out of your current blocked account, then create a brand new account under a different name, such as User:M@LVs23. —Stephen (Talk) 14:52, 2 March 2017 (UTC)
I found that my username does not conform to one of Wiktionary's username guidelines: must not be promotional, i.e. they should not resemble a business name, trademark or web address. Red marlboro (talk|contibs) 13:49, 19 June 2017 (UTC)
- Hi. The new username that you have chosen, User:Heydari, is already in use by someone else. See w:fr:Discussion utilisateur:Heydari. However, he has not edited since 2007 (ten years ago). I have left him a message on his discussion page explaining that you wish to usurp his username. If he agrees, or if he does not respond within seven days, then I can change your username to User:Heydari. —Stephen (Talk) 06:33, 20 June 2017 (UTC)
I want to change my username because in my country Venezuela the goverment is pursuing people, so if I cannot delete my account I would like to change it. I have made a lot of right contributions on wikipedia and it hurts me to leave my username.
- Hello, @Jose figueredo. I would be happy to do it, but the name User:Alejandro Villamizar is already registered, as of 23 May 2012. That name has not made any edits, so you could probably usurp it. We would have to leave a message for User:Alejandro Villamizar to see if he objects. If he does not reply within a week, you can take that name. Otherwise, you could choose something different. —Stephen (Talk) 23:29, 1 September 2017 (UTC)
I previously used this account to vandalize Wikipedia. I have reformed and would like a more accurate username that does not violate the username policy. Thank you! WikiVandal (talk) 21:38, 24 September 2017 (UTC)WikiVandal
- You only have 15 edits, and you have been permanently blocked everywhere you've been. "Reformed" is not enough to make your name acceptable. You need a name that does not include any form of "vandal", "troll", or other mischief. Once you decide on an appropriate name, you should avoid being linked to those 15 edits under the old username, so you don't need a rename at all. Just select a reasonable name and begin again from scratch. —Stephen (Talk) 12:49, 26 September 2017 (UTC)
Hi, I want to change the name to CatalinMetro. Thanks!
Hi Stephen. Pretty please, and thanks in advance. You're wonderful :) — Z. [ קהת ] b"A. — 21:35, 27 October 2017 (UTC)
- @Dick Laurent, sorry, Dick, I didn't see this. Do you still want to do it? —Stephen (Talk) 21:58, 23 January 2018 (UTC)