General criteria for Gadgets
Gadgets should generally pass the following conditions:
- Gadgets must work if just included with no further configuration. They can be configurable via monobook.js, but must work unconfigured.
- Gadgets must be compatible with all major browsers, i.e. they must not terminate with errors.
- Gadgets should be functional in most major browsers (cross-browser compatibility). Exceptions must be clearly stated.
- Duplication of gadgets should only be made if it's reasonable.
- Gadgets requiring permissions must be marked, and must fail gracefully if the permissions aren't present.
- Gadgets only working in some skins must be marked as such, if that data is available.
Comments or warnings can be added to the gadget description templates in two ways:
- noinclude tag (visible on description page with links):
<noinclude> comment </noinclude>
- HTML comments (visible in source text only):
<!-- comment -->
Comments added in this way will be automatically discarded during the page creation process.
For currently installed gadgets, see Special:Gadgets.