- Cha vel fer erbee cha 'bouyr as eshyn nagh jean clashtyn.
- There is none so deaf as he that will not hear.
- Hug eh cleaysh 'vouyr dou.
- He remained irresponsive to my entreaties.
- Hug mee cleaysh vouyr da’n irriney.
- I closed my ear to the truth.
- T’eh bouyr as balloo.
- He is deaf and dumb.
- T’eh cho 'bouyr as clagh.
- He is as deaf as a doorpost.
- T’eh red beg 'bouyr.
- He is slightly deaf.
|Note: Some of these forms may be hypothetical. Not every|
possible mutated form of every word actually occurs.