Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈfɹəʊz/
Audio (UK) (file)
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈfɹoʊz/
- Rhymes: -əʊz
- simple past tense of
- (now colloquial, nonstandard) past participle of
- 1699, The Works of the Honourable Robert Boyle, Eſq, […] , page 176:
- I have froze a whole flask full of Water, by gradually pouring it into a Pan; which confirms what Olearius ſays of making huge heaps of Ice to preſerve Bodies.
- 1891, William Clark Russell, Round the Galley Fire, page 131:
- Had the water been fresh our clothes would have froze into coverings of ice.