Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (nonstandard) plural of
- 1918, The Valve World - Volumes 15-16, page 159:
- Of course the fellows in the light tanks think their brand is the best, and we know the heavys are best.
- 1972, Analog Science Fiction/science Fact - Volume 88, Issue 4, page 101:
- Momentarily frozen in front of him were two heavys, carrying chains.
- 1983, American Peanut Research and Education Society, Proceedings of American Peanut Research and Education Society, Inc:
- To separate all sticks and light foreign material in the light portion requires two aspiration stages to provide a satisfactory ratio of heavys to lights.
- 2000, Alfred Shands, Border crossing: connecting the secular and the sacred, →ISBN, page 83:
- Somebody let the heavys know what's going on.
- 2015, Rich Jones, Connect: The Mason Chronicles, →ISBN:
- Finally one of the heavys leaned around the rock and gave him a quick thumbs up.