Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: init
- (informal, low register) Contraction of .
- Innit your birthday today?
- It's your birthday today, innit?
- (Britain, informal, proscribed) Used as a replacement for any other negative tag question, irrespective of person, number, or verb.
- You like listening to pop music, innit?
- You was dissing my girl, innit?
- (Britain, informal, proscribed) Used as a discourse marker.
- I like pop music innit
- When used as a generic tag question in British English, sometimes associated with Multicultural London English, but considered bad or broken English by most educated speakers.