Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
From the root ע־שׂ־ה (`-ś-).
עָשָׂה (asá) (pa'ál construction)
- (transitive) To do: to take an action, to accomplish a thing.
- (transitive) To make: to create.
- (transitive) To make: to cause to be.
- (slang, transitive) To say: to utter.
- (slang, transitive) To do: to have sex with.
- Unlike English do, עָשָׂה never introduces a bare infinitive; however, it does frequently act as a “light” verb, with the main verbal force being carried by its direct object; hence עשה קניות (asá k'niyót, “to do shopping”), עשה כביסה (asá k'visá, “to do laundry”), and so on.