Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Pertaining to the period of Norman rule of England, 1066–1154.
- Pertaining to Normans in England after the Norman Conquest.
- Relating to their language.
pertaining to the Norman rule of England
pertaining to Normans in England after the Norman Conquest
relating to the Anglo-Norman language
Norman who settled in England
- The Romance language spoken in England by the ruling classes after the Norman Conquest, or the form of this language used in English law until the 17th century.
- “Anglo-Norman” in The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition, Houghton Mifflin Company, 2000.
- “Anglo-Norman” in Dictionary.com Unabridged, v1.0.1, Lexico Publishing Group, 2006.
- "Anglo-Norman" in WordNet 2.0, Princeton University, 2003.