Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A common place name in England.
- A habitational surname derived from the place names.
- A male given name transferred from the surname.
- A female given name.
- U. S. Census Bureau genealogy name search based on 1990 census indicates 0.005% of population had the name "Ashton" as a surname, none had it as a male name, and 0.004% had it as a female given name.
- Pareles, J. (2003, August 12). ROCK REVIEW; Still Wildly Gyrating After All These Years. New York Times. Retrieved May 23, 2006.