Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also barry
Proper noun 
- A male given name, sometimes also used as a diminutive of Bartholomew.
- A surname derived from the given name, or from place names in Scotland and Wales.
- 1844 William Makepeace Thackeray, The Luck of Barry Lyndon, University of Michigan Press, 1999, ISBN 047211042X, page 44
- I remembered that I had signed the documents Barry Redmond instead of Redmond Barry; but what else could I do? - - - "Hark ye, Mr Fitzsimons," said I; "I will tell you why I was obliged to alter my name - which is Barry, and the best name in Ireland.
- Patrick Hanks and Flavia Hodges: A Concise Dictionary of First Names. Oxford University Press 2001.