Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Country in Central Africa. Official name: Republic of Cameroon.
country in Central Africa
Alteration of Cameron.
Cameroon (plural Cameroons)
- (UK, politics) A Conservative Party member with green or social liberal leanings, supporting the policies of David Cameron.
2007 March 21, Andy Beckett, “The Cameroons”, The Guardian:
- He fears that in downplaying traditional Conservative causes, in changing the party to be more in tune with modern Britain, the Cameroons have in effect accepted that they won't change the country much in office.
2010 September 13, Iain Martin, “Nick Boles: The Coalition’s Cameroon Outrider”, Wall Street Journal:
- Today, I spy a coalition outrider: Nick Boles, MP for Grantham, founder of Policy Exchange and the archetypal Cameroon ultra-modernizer. I don’t think Boles even owned a tie until he was elected to the House of Commons. That’s how much of a Cameroon the man is.
2012 March 30, James Chapman, “Gorgeous George and why Ed Miliband must now pray Ken Livingstone wins London”, Daily Mail:
- Maude was a moderniser before modernity dawned in the Tory ranks, a Cameroon before David Cameron.