Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A surname.
- A male given name transferred from the surname.
- A female given name popular in the 1980s and the 1990s.
- 1593 William Shakespeare, Richard III, Act IV, Scene IV
- Sir Edward Courtney, and the haughty prelate,
- Bishop of Exeter, his brother there,
- With many moe confederates are in arms.
- 1985 Sue Grafton, B is for Burglar, Macmillan 2005, ISBN 0312939000, page 125
- "One girl ten, another one eight. Courtney and Ashley. I'd have named 'em something else. Sara and Diane, Patti and Jill, something like that. I don't even understand girls.