Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also sweet sixteen
Proper noun 
- (basketball, US, informal) The sixteen teams participating in the regional semifinals of the NCAA Division I tournament, one of whom will become the national champion.
- (basketball, US, informal) The round of the NCAA Division I basketball tournament where all but 16 teams have been eliminated.
- (basketball, US, informal) An appearance in the Sweet Sixteen.
- The new coach has just led the Nimrods to their first Sweet Sixteen.
- A party for one's sixteenth birthday.