Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈbɑːs.kɪt.bɔːl/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈbæs.kɪt.bɔːl/
Audio (US) (file)
- (sports, uncountable) A sport in which two opposing teams of five players strive to put a ball through a hoop.
- (basketball, countable) The particular kind of ball used in the sport of basketball.
- (sport): hoops (US slang)
the ball used in the sport
basketball c (singular definite basketballen, not used in plural form)
basketball m (uncountable)
- Alternative form of basket-ball.