Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (sports, uncountable) A sport in which two opposing teams of five players strive to put a ball through a hoop.
- (basketball, countable) The particular kind of ball used in the sport of basketball.
- (sport): hoops (US slang)
Related terms 
the ball used in the sport
From English basketball.
- IPA: /baːskətbaːl/, [ˈb̥ɑːsɡ̊əd̥ˌb̥ɒːl]
basketball c (singular definite basketballen, not used in plural form)
See also 
basketball m (usually uncountable)
- Alternative form of basket-ball.