Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (RP) IPA: /ˈsɪmələ/, X-SAMPA: /"sIm@l@/
- (GenAm) IPA: /ˈsɪməlɚ/, X-SAMPA: /"sIm@l@`/
Audio (US) (file)
- Having traits or characteristics in common; alike, comparable.
- (mathematics) Of geometrical figures including triangles, squares, ellipses, arcs and more complex figures, having the same shape but possibly different size, rotational orientation, and position; in particular, having corresponding angles equal and corresponding line segments proportional; such that one can be had from the other using a sequence of operations of rotation, translation and scaling.
Related terms 
Having traits or characteristics in common; alike, comparable
of geometric figures, having the same shape
similar (plural similars)
- That which is similar to, or resembles, something else, as in quality, form, etc.
- (homeopathy) A material that produces an effect that resembles the symptoms of a particular disease
- similar in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- similar in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
similar m, f (masculine and feminine plural similars)
similar m and f (plural similares)