Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also Symptom
- IPA: /ˈsɪm(p)təm/
symptom (plural symptoms)
- (medicine) A perceived change in some function, sensation or appearance of a person that indicates a disease or disorder, such as fever, headache or rash.
- Anything that indicates, or is characteristic of, the presence of something else, especially of something undesirable.
- Treatment of symptoms versus treatment of cause
Derived terms 
Related terms 
indicators and characteristics of the presence of something else
- symptom in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- symptom in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
Related terms