Any good antonym(s) to this word? I only come up with rather weak ones... ~ Tommy Kronkvist 09:07, 6 September 2008 (UTC)
- How about acceptance, acquiescence, conduction? —Stephen 18:29, 6 September 2008 (UTC)
The biological meaning is missing. --Edroeh (talk) 23:43, 18 December 2012 (UTC)
The following discussion has been moved from Wiktionary:Requests for verification.
Please do not modify this conversation, though feel free to discuss its conclusions.
"(slang) The genitals." Equinox ◑ 23:47, 18 December 2012 (UTC)
- I am not even how to start searching for reference for this one. Jamesjiao → T ◊ C 07:28, 19 December 2012 (UTC)
- "pulled his resistance out of his pants" (no, I'm not kidding). Mglovesfun (talk) 11:20, 19 December 2012 (UTC)
- Can't you replace "resistance" with almost any noun in that example? --WikiTiki89 11:22, 19 December 2012 (UTC)
- Not and be citable, no! "Pulled his resistance out of his pants" isn't citable. Mglovesfun (talk) 11:24, 19 December 2012 (UTC)
- It sounds more like a humorous use given some sort of context. If you use it out of context, I think people would just stare at you blankly :). Jamesjiao → T ◊ C 20:46, 19 December 2012 (UTC)
- RFV-failed. I was going to make a French Resistance joke but I won't. - -sche (discuss) 08:30, 7 February 2013 (UTC)