Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
From French résistance.
resistance (plural resistances)
- The act of resisting, or the capacity to resist.
- widespread resistance to the new urban development plans
- the resistance of bacteria to certain antibiotics
- (physics) A force that tends to oppose motion.
- (physics) Shortened form of electrical resistance.
- An underground organization engaged in a struggle for liberation from forceful occupation.
act of resisting
force that tends to oppose motion
shortened form of electrical resistance
underground organization struggling for liberation
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked