Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Proper noun 
- A female given name, also used as an equivalent of the English Viola.
- Any of several places in Hawaii.
- Mary Kawena Pukui - Samuel H. Elbert, Hawaiian Dictionary, University of Hawaii Press 1971, page 186
- Mary Kawena Pukui - Samuel H. Elbert - Esther T. Mookini, Place names of Hawaii, University of Hawaii Press 1974, page 226
- Hawaii State Archives: Marriage records Waiola occurs in 19th century marriage records as the only name (mononym) of 1 woman.