Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Having accountability (individuals have accountability); answerable.
- Every man is accountable to God for his conduct.
- You will be held accountable for your misdemeanors.
- Requiring accountability (property or funds require accountability).
- Liable to be called on to render an account;
- Being answerable for.
- Being liable for.
- (rare) Capable of being accounted for; explicable; explainable.
- True religion . . . intelligible, rational, and accountable, -- not a burden but a privilege. - Benjamin Whichcote
Liable to be called on to render an account
Capable of being accounted for; explicable
Items such as airline tickets, whose issue must be recorded by the issuing authority and matched up again after use
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked