Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
addressability (plural addressabilities)
- (computing) The capability of a microprocessor etc. to deal with values of a certain size using a single instruction.
- 64-bit addressability means that a single machine instruction can operate on a value stored in eight bytes.
- (computer graphics) the capability of a display surface or storage device to accommodate a specified number of uniquely identifiable points.
- (micrographics) the capability of a specified field frame to contain a specific number of uniquely identifiable points.
- (capability to deal with values of certain size): bitness