Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ʌkʃən
- (uncountable) The act of instructing, teaching, or furnishing with information or knowledge.
- Students receive instruction in the arts and sciences.
- Instruction will be provided on how to handle difficult customers.
- (countable) An instance of the information or knowledge so furnished.
- If my instructions may be your guide.
- (countable) An order or command.
- (computing) A single operation of a processor defined by an instruction set architecture.
- See also Wikisaurus:instruction
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
instruction f (plural instructions)