Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: cliënt
client (plural clients)
- A customer, a buyer or receiver of goods or services.
- (computing) The role of a computer application or system that requests and/or consumes the services provided by another having the role of server.
- Person who receives help or advice from a professional person (ex. a lawyer, an accountant, a social worker, a psychiatrist, etc).
- (law) A person who employs or retains an attorney to represent him or her in any legal matter, or one who merely divulges confidential matters to an attorney while pursuing professional assistance without subsequently retaining the attorney.
- (customer): clientele
a customer or receiver of services
computing: the role of a computer application or system
person who receives help or advice from a professional person
client m (plural clients)
- customer; client (one who purchases or receives a product or service)