Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
- Present participle of amuse.
- The film has some amusing moments, but it is unlikely to make you laugh out loud.
- 2012 December 10, George Monbiot, “Your gift at Christmas will soon be junk”, The Guardian Weekly, volume 188, number 2, page 24:
- They seem amusing on the first day of Christmas, daft on the second, embarrassing on the third. By the twelfth they're in landfill. For 30 seconds of dubious entertainment, or a hedonic stimulus that lasts no longer than a nicotine hit, we commission the use of materials whose impacts will ramify for generations.
- Funny, hilarious.
Derived terms 
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked