Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (UK) IPA: /əˈpɹuːvəl/, X-SAMPA: /@"pr\u:v@l/
- (US) IPA: /əˈpɹuvəl/, X-SAMPA: /@"pr\uv@l/
Audio (US) (file)
approval (plural approvals)
- An expression granting permission; an indication of agreement with a proposal; an acknowledgement that a person, thing, or event meets requirements.
- I need to get an approval on this purchase order.
- An expression of favorable acceptance and encouragement; a compliment that also condones.
- Words of approval never seem to come from him.
- (expression granting permission or indicating agreement): approbation, sanction
- (expression of favorable acceptance and encouragement): commendation
Related terms 
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.