Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A painting, drawing, sculpture or other piece of creative, visual art
2000, Jerold S. Kayden, Privately Owned Public Space: the New York City Experience:
- The most distinctive physical attribute of the space is the bright red metal sculpture that resembles one of Claes Oldenburg's oversized clothespins, only slightly deconstructed. The artwork may be enjoyed on its own terms, but ...
- (uncountable) Artistic work.
- (uncountable, reprographics) The graphical elements to be included in a reproduced work.
- The text has been reviewed, but the photographer hasn't delivered some of the artwork.