Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
(Redirected from battle-axe)
battle-ax (plural battle-axes)
- An axe, used in combat as a weapon
- 1786: Another battle-ax, in the same collection. — Francis Grose, A Treatise on Ancient Armour and Weapons, page x.
- (informal) A belligerent and often unattractive person, especially a woman.
- Naturally, she deeply resented having been called a battle-ax.
- (informal) An electric guitar
- 2013 The instruments (one's named Baby) evoke tender talk from macho musicians. But some of these battle-ax beauties have seen more action than a roller derby queen: They bear the gashes and sweat stains to prove it. "108 Rock Star Guitars" reveals battle-ax beauty by Kiley Armstrong