beggary (plural beggaries)
- The state of a beggar; indigence, extreme poverty.
- 1835, William Gilmore Simms, The Partisan, Harper, Chapter XII, page 150:
- The matter to be decided involved, in addition to the personal risks of life and liberty, the probable forfeiture of an immense estate, and the beggary, in consequence, of an only and beloved daughter.
- The fact or action of begging.
The state of a beggar; indigence, extreme poverty
The fact or action of begging
beggary (comparative more beggary, superlative most beggary)
- (obsolete) beggarly
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Ben Jonson to this entry?)