Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive, obsolete) To invoke or wish evil upon; to curse.
- (transitive) A mildly imprecatory or merely expletive introductory exclamation, in the form of the imperative.
- Beshrew your heart, Fair daughter! ― Shakespeare.
- 1883, Howard Pyle, The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood Chapter V
- "Now, beshrew his heart," quoth jolly Robin, "that would deny a butcher. And, moreover, I will go dine with you all, my sweet lads, and that as fast as I can hie." Whereupon, having sold all his meat, he closed his stall and went with them to the great Guild Hall.