Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Alternative forms 
blueprint (plural blueprints)
- A type of paper-based reproduction process producing white-on-blue images, used primarily for technical and architecture's drawings, now largely replaced by other technologies.
- A print produced with this process.
- (architecture, engineering, by extension) A detailed technical drawing (now often in some electronically storable and transmissible form).
- (informal, by extension) Any detailed plan, whether literal or figurative.
- (paper-based technical drawing): cyanotype, schematic
- (detailed technical drawing): schematic
- (informal): road map, schematic, plan, layout
cyanotype reproduction process
print produced by this process
any detailed technical drawing
any detailed plan of action
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- To make a blueprint for.
- The architect blueprinted the renovation plan once the client had signed off.
- To make a detailed operational plan for.
- They blueprinted every aspect of the first phase of the operation.