Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ɑːv
- (intransitive) To give birth to a calf.
- (intransitive) To assist the giving of birth of a calf.
- (intransitive, figuratively, especially of an iceberg, glacier, or the like) To break off or shed a large piece.
- The glacier was starting to calve even as we watched.
- This word needs a definition. Please help out and add a definition, then remove the text
- The sea was dangerous because of icebergs calving off the nearby glacier.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- Feminine plural form of calvo
- Plural form of calva
- vocative masculine singular of calvus