Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- IPA: /sɪˈteɪʃən/
- Pertaining to the zoologic order Cetacea, or associated with species falling under that taxonomic hierarchy.
- The poached blubber was definitely cetacean in origin, but the particular species could not be identified.
- More generally, relating to large aquatic mammals, either directly or by analogy.
- The obese woman, ungainly on land, moved with a kind of cetacean grace in the water.
- (belonging to order Cetacea): cetaceous
cetacean (plural cetaceans)
- An animal belonging to the order Cetacea, including dolphins, porpoises, and whales.
- The tour promised spiritual experiences with humpback whales and other cetaceans, but all we saw were seagulls and a dead sea otter.