Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
cheapskate (plural cheapskates)
- Someone who stingily avoids spending money.
- He is such a cheapskate, he found that jumper in a dustbin.
- By extension, someone who doesn't give freely.
- My mum is such a cheapskate that she didn't lend me money to go shopping.
someone who avoids spending money
someone who doesn't give freely
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.