Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Chronicles
chronicle (plural chronicles)
- A written account of events and when they happened, ordered by time.
1914, Louis Joseph Vance, chapter 1, Nobody:
- Little disappointed, then, she turned attention to "Chat of the Social World," gossip which exercised potent fascination upon the girl's intelligence. She devoured with more avidity than she had her food those pretentiously phrased chronicles of the snobocracy […] distilling therefrom an acid envy that robbed her napoleon of all its savour.
- Often used in the title of a newspaper, as in Pennsylvania Chronicle.
- (account of events and when they happened): annals, archives, chronicon, diary, history, journal, narration, prehistory, recital, record, recountal, register, report, story, version
a written account
- To record in or as in a chronicle.
- (record in a chronicle): record