Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
- (transitive) To use one's authority to lay claim to and separate a possession from its holder.
- In schools it is common for teachers to confiscate electronic games and other distractions.
take possession of by force
confiscate (not comparable)
- (obsolete) confiscated; seized and appropriated by the government for public use; forfeit
- Lest that your goods too soon be confiscate.
- Thy lands and goods / Are, by the laws of Venice, confiscate / Unto the state of Venice.
- second-person plural present indicative of
- second-person plural imperative of
- feminine plural of
- second-person plural present active imperative of