Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- IPA(key): /kɑnfɚˈmeɪʃən/, /kɑn.foʊɹˈmeɪʃən/
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
- Homophone: confirmation (in some dialects)
conformation (plural conformations)
- The act of conforming; the act of producing conformity.
- The state of being conformed; agreement; hence; structure, as depending on the arrangement of parts; form; arrangement.
- (chemistry) The spatial arrangement of the atoms in a molecule as a result of rotation about a single bond
the act of conforming; the act of producing conformity
the state of being conformed; agreement; hence; structure
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.