- (archaic) Given to contemplation; meditative.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Coleridge to this entry?)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
- present participle of contemplar
- Present participle of contempler.
- third-person plural present active indicative of contemplō