Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- To think about something in a concentrated manner or for an extended period of time. To think deeply about something; to ponder or consider.
- To consider as a possibility.
- I contemplated doing the project myself, but it would have taken too long.
- See also Wikisaurus:ponder
think about something in a concentrated manner
Derived terms 
- “contemplate” in Douglas Harper, Online Etymology Dictionary (2001).
- second-person plural present indicative of contemplare
- second-person plural imperative of contemplare
- Feminine plural of contemplato
- vocative masculine singular of contemplātus