Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (General American) IPA(key): /kɔɹəˈleɪʃən/, /kɑɹəˈleɪʃən/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /kɒɹəˈleɪʃən/
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
- Hyphenation: cor‧re‧la‧tion
correlation (plural correlations)
- A reciprocal, parallel or complementary relationship between two or more comparable objects
- (statistics) One of the several measures of the linear statistical relationship between two random variables, indicating both the strength and direction of the relationship.
- (algebra) An isomorphism from a projective space to the dual of a projective space, often to the dual of itself.
a reciprocal, parallel, or complementary relationship
measure of relationship